Sunday, January 25, 2009

My First Cakes

Here are the cakes that started it all. The first is a wedding cake for my friends Nick and Steph. 3 days of baking, 4 layers of peanut butter and chocolate or vanilla and raspberry cream cheese.


The next was my entry in to one of my favorite things - the Minnesota State Fair. No ribbon but look out next year.


My godson Ryan wanted a garbage truck theme for his 2nd birthday. My goal was to create a three-dimensional garbage truck complete with minnesota plates and BFI cans.


Last but not least was a birthday cake for my friend Katie - someone who loves hockey as much as I do. This stanley cup pays homage to her firefighting and Edina State Championships. The top part is styrofoam and gum paste so she could keep it. Only the bottom was edible cake. Next year I'll figure out how to make it gluten-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment