Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hi, My Name is Stephanie and I'm a Tanorexic

It all started my sophomore year. The orchestra (yes I said orchestra) went on tour to Hawaii and I spent 7 days in paradise. It was the best tan I ever had since Grace wasn't there to tell me to get out of the sun and go weed or practice. I couldn't wait to show off the bronzed glow (with some burnt red areas) in my white maui yacht club t-shirt. Two weeks later it only got darker when I went on a week long canoe trip to the BWCA, the weather couldn't have been better. I was hooked. After 13 trips to Hawaii, 5 years living in California and trips to beaches from Capri to Hong Kong my search for a tan has only grown more desperate. This is why I haven't blogged in a month—it's been sunny and I have a pool.

At first it was just to get ready for Florida. Then I needed to maintain that tan. Then I had to get ready for the lake. Then I just wasn't tan. You see what happens... No matter how tan I am I only see white, pasty skin. You know it's bad when I check my pantone color before vacation and compare it after to make sure I advanced at least one shade (right now I'm in between 7510 and 7511). So here I am, admitting my addiction and promising to not ignore my duty to blog anymore.

My name is stephanie, I spent 2 hours by the pool today (after all it was our first day above 70 since wednesday) but I'm trying to quit and taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment